new predator

Godsgrl

Ostrich wrangler
12 Years
Aug 27, 2007
at the zoo usually
I've read on here about a lot of different predators, and what you have to worry about with chickens. However I've never read about a rooster as a predator. I know they will fight, but still.... We had two that free ranged, and got along well. Goober was the head honcho, and Flyer was under him. They had a good relationship, and we only saw them spar some over food. Generally, they got along great. Then yesterday, in the span of a few seconds, it was over. We'll miss Goober so much, he was definitely a gentle giant.
hit.gif

Our hearts are broken, so please be nice.
hit.gif

so sorry you lost your roo; I was just telling my senior roo today how beautiful he is, what a good fella and protector he is, and how much I love my big Sarge. I know you'll miss Goober; take comfort in knowing he was loved and cared for. BTW, I LOVE your siggy line!
big_smile.png
I read that and said, "ME TOO!"
bow.gif

thank you crtrlovr. Those special chickens just have a way of melting into our hearts. I do feel better knowing he had a great life filled with lots of food, freedom to range, and lots of hens.

I'm so happy you like my siggy. It is so true, God has me in His hands, and isn't letting go!

Back
Top Bottom