New pullet won't eat much. Need help!

I just ordered Epernix from Jeffers and I didn't have to pay shipping don't know if it's still going on but as of Sat. no shipping...
big_smile.png

If they do have worms or parasites, the heat probably feels really good to them. They may be anemic from blood loss if they have parasites. Mites may be tiny, but put a few thousand of them on a chicken, and they can suck one dry.

If they are run down and not feeling well thats probably why the heat lamp feels good. Do you have any polyvisol w/o iron might try giving them some drops on their beak, also scrambled eggs, yogurt, just to give them a boost. I see you already gave yogurt thats good. also poultry drench is something you might try to give a boost till you figure out whats going on.

It's spelled Ivomec Eprinex Pour-On.

Vallyvet it's $44.49. They add $7 for "handling"
Jeffers is $42.95. Shipping is about $6.

Do not have any polyvisol w/o iron.
Will give them eggs tomorrow. Gave eggs to the 1st chicken yesterday, but she eats. She has a totally different problem.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=5492504#p5492504

It's just crazy how both of them practically FLEW over there as soon as they noticed the red light. One bird can hardly walk, but managed to get there fast like the other non-eating bird.

Last edited:
Makes me wonder if they are chilled? you know how when you don't feel up to par and maybe have a slight fever how a warm blanket feels, thats what it makes me think of. I wish I could help you on what it is but I just don't know.

The problem is that they can get my 11 baby chicks sick....I don't have a cage for them, just a small laundry bin that they already escaped.

Back
Top Bottom