New puppy new training help

We have poultry and have been wandering about goats and Have predators,so yes I am willingly to work with him as I have all summer and plan on doing online schooling.
He doesn’t flinch and is actually coming when I call him,he definitely is learning from my lab.I will be working on names and basic commands for now as my dog doesn’t need to learn play dead or any other silly things people teach theirs,just come,stop,and sit pretty much is what they know,and get it,and most of their natural understanding of what should be in the yard kicks in and have not had any predators issue since getting dogs,an did not even train them to become guards,they practically teach and train one another.
can I just say those tricks aren't silly your silly for thinking that. I train my dog tricks like sit pretty, weave, paw, heel and a lot of other tricks and it gives her a job, something to do, gets her brain working and forms a bond between me and her.

Any "tricks" a dog learns helps make him more responsive to his owner and gain confidence. If you teach a dog to give him your paw, he will likely feel comfortable letting you handle his paws if he needs his nails trimmed or if he has an injury for you to address.

I second (or third or forth) all of the comments to use patience and consistency if you keep your new buddy. He has to unlearn all of his previous conditioning and then learn everything you want to teach him.

If you can't adjust your lifestyle to do so, find a place that can. There are many breed specific rescues out there.

Back
Top Bottom