New Puppy Time!!

That's what I am hoping for, Morkies are in that "teddy bear" breed type, they can look like little bears! When he was 8 weeks old, someone asked me if he was really a dog. :lol:
On that note, I have to show y'all this dog from petfinders. He reminds me of the old comedian, Buddy Hackett. I'm sure he'll find a home soon.
Screenshot_20220318-220830_Chrome.jpg

On that note, I have to show y'all this dog from petfinders. He reminds me of the old comedian, Buddy Hackett. I'm sure he'll find a home soon.
View attachment 3051291
OMG....cute and funny at the same time! :lol: He will find a nice home with that look. :D

Yes, both of these breeds, the Yorkie and Maltese can be very fragile. We had a Maltese previously that was extremely fragile, jumping off the couch would have him limping and crying out. And I was worried about Toby too but he comes from hefty stock, his Maltese Mom weighs in at 15 pounds, she too is stocky and muscular. Toby has tree trunks for legs and paws the size of a small bear. :gigSo definitely before buying this breed, check the parents size.
My mom bred Maltese for years. I remember one specific pup. Mother was 7lbs and dad was 7.7lbs, one of their pups was 20lbs and pure bred Maltese 🤣 He wasn't chubby but he was so solid. He lived a happy long life. I owned the dad and he was 17 years old whenever he died. My little Ellie Mae was 5lbs, had the most adorable incredibly short legs and nose, and a perfect apple shaped head. She had luxating patella in both back legs and I opted for surgery to correct them. Ended up having surgery three times and she still limped until she died. She died at only 7 years old from encephalitis. Now I have 2 more Maltese, a boy Jake, and a girl Hallie (Ellie's paternal half sister) and love them dearly. I know you're enjoying your handsome boy.

My mom bred Maltese for years. I remember one specific pup. Mother was 7lbs and dad was 7.7lbs, one of their pups was 20lbs and pure bred Maltese 🤣 He wasn't chubby but he was so solid. He lived a happy long life. I owned the dad and he was 17 years old whenever he died. My little Ellie Mae was 5lbs, had the most adorable incredibly short legs and nose, and a perfect apple shaped head. She had luxating patella in both back legs and I opted for surgery to correct them. Ended up having surgery three times and she still limped until she died. She died at only 7 years old from encephalitis. Now I have 2 more Maltese, a boy Jake, and a girl Hallie (Ellie's paternal half sister) and love them dearly. I know you're enjoying your handsome boy.
I just love the Maltese breed, I definitely fell in love when we got our previous dog Lollie. They know how to have fun but they sure love to snuggle! I thought long and hard before choosing a Morky this time around, but I figured at least half of Toby is a Maltese. LOL Yeah those luxating petellas are quite painful, I worried about Toby having this condition too. Not only does it stem from tiny thin legs but it can be inherited too. I read on line that having them climb stairs every day helps to strengthen those muscles and tendons around the knee caps. But yes, if you have a sturdy solid built dog, the likeliness of patella issues are lessened. Thankfully Toby does not seem to have the issues. Our Maltese did at the end of his life, he was so riddled with arthristis, I am not sure which caused his limping rough gait. I weighed Toby last night, he is up to 14 pounds! He looks on the thin side to me, he is such a picky eater. But thin is better than fat and he sure is solid as well!!

I am so sorry about your baby that only made it to 7 years. :hugs That is WAY too young for a dog. It's so difficult to lose them.

Back
Top Bottom