New PVC Feeder idea

savilcr

Chirping
8 Years
Jan 26, 2011
Georgia
I am going to take a 6in 4ft PVC pipe and drill alternating holes in it just big enough for my chickens to stick their heads in it. Hopefully they will not spill as much food everywhere as they do with the normal red/white gravity feeders.

Maybe some pics?
smile.png
I'm currently searching for ideas to feeders so pics would be nice
smile.png

its about 4ft long and im going to cap both ends, fill up with feed through one of the holes with some sort of funnel so the chicks will have to stick their head at least 2 inches into the pipe to eat, they spill feed every time they peck so this way it will stay in the pipe, i will probably lay it on the ground and brace it with bricks or tie downs. will post pictures tonight or tomorrow

Quote:
I have that one printed out and it makes sense. I made one last year that is just the long piece of pvc with the curve at the bottom. Works but want multiple places for the chickens to eat.

well i drilled a 2in hole every 6 inches and they have used the feeder but have not figured out that there is still feed in it once it gets past a certain point. Im going try some different methods tonight and take some pictures.

Back
Top Bottom