New Red Golden Sanctuary.....building a new home for my trio...What do ya think ... P.S. thanks chic

I saw pairs going for 250 or more a head at the last exotic sale I went to....They are BEAUTIFUL! I tend to be more fond of the natural feathering but if I did get a color variation that would be it!

Last edited:
I saw pairs going for 250 or more a head at the last exotic sale I went to....They are BEAUTIFUL! I tend to be more fond of the natural feathering but if I did get a color variation that would be it!
And you can't get 50.00 for a pair of pure birds.I don't understand how cross bred birds cost more then pure birds.Or why someone would want to cross breed.I guess if they understood that pure bird numbers are dropping they may have a change of heart and keep them pure.Not enough people educating them.
In N.H.,Tony.

I was going to put my two cents worth in but like always Tony has summed it all up nicely. These ornamental pheasants are native to the mountains of Tibet and can easily withstand any winters we have here. About all they need is shelter from wind chill and a little hay or straw. Our 118 degree Arizona summers are a little hard on them though. I do think it depends on what type quail you place with your Goldens. Bobwhites get along well, but Gambels and Mountains try to be bossy and harass the pheasants. Better to have a couple girls with him so he don't try to romance the quail and if you only have one hen with him, he'll drive her crazy.. PeaFowl work well with Pheasants too.

yep just got it as well as like 20 more birds...we have almost 15 pens now...and still building for the peafowl but right now they live in my greenhouse and getting 5 more ib peafowls as well this week...I cant wait for the breeding season...

the first pic is of two young male red goldens and 6 female red goldens
and the second pic is of one of the red golden females
the third pic is of a yellow golden male hes still young and is actually
more yellow then the picture shows next to male ringneck.
fourth pic is of the offspring of a pair of peaches the father is very beautiful
and the mother is all white just like the pair should be but this shows how not stable
the line is because it looks like a reg male golden..this bird is now in the pen with
all males and will not be mated with anything...
the next pic is the same male in the center and a real red golden male to the right
of it...if you look closely you can see a bit of a difference..and i dont take chances..
if it breeds true i will breed it if not it gets to hang out in the pen of dudes...
and the last picture is of yellow golden male red golden male as well as a lady amhurst..
not sure of the spelling...lol..these in this pic is all young males...so i cant wait the ladies
have there own pen as well and the ringnecks are back to their own kind again..
none of the birds i breed are brother and sister like most people breed when they get a pair.
i will be getting into the impeyan and the reeves next year as well...also blue ringnecks..and
there different then the blue mutant pheasants...cant wait...ill post a pic of the two peaches
which are young and the silver golden i just got

Last edited:
yep just got it as well as like 20 more birds...we have almost 15 pens now...and still building for the peafowl but right now they live in my greenhouse and getting 5 more ib peafowls as well this week...I cant wait for the breeding season...

Need any more goldens?Red or yellow I've got plenty of them.Or how about adding lewis silvers to your collection?

In N.H.,Tony.

wow the lewis silver is a very pretty bird are they tame or more towards the aggressive and if i remember right dont you have the impeyans
cause i would like to get some stock from you and then some from a couple of different people i know here in michigan and then mix the males
with the females so i get stronger bloodline..any ways what does the birds go for over there...the lady amhurst pair i got for 35 which is a
good deal in my eyes...i got the silver golden for ten bucks, which is another good deal, and the male red golden and yellow goldens go for
15 and the hens go for 20 where i have found them...the extra males that i have will be going into my flight pens with the peafowl with no hens
i think all the different colors in there will be very beautiful...also the silver golden i seen was just jaw dropping the color on that one
bird out of the five different males i seen was just stunning i almost didnt believe it was a real bird...it looked photo shopd...it was very
bright and just so perfect....anyways here is a pic of the peach pair i got two days ago...also tony we had a convo a while back and i asked
the adult red goldens and you mentiond about the barring in the wings...well six months went by and the birds must not have shed all there
juvenile feathers but they did and now i think there wonderful and fully colored and they dont have the barring now..so im excited to see the
little babies..i seperated them and im going to band the young and see which ones turn out to the best..

And you can't get 50.00 for a pair of pure birds.I don't understand how cross bred birds cost more then pure birds.Or why someone would want to cross breed.I guess if they understood that pure bird numbers are dropping they may have a change of heart and keep them pure.Not enough people educating them.
In N.H.,Tony.
I Argee! They were made perfect... why would someone want to sully that! It's really a matter of ego...trying to 1up the creator. So sad as usual the animals suffer for our ignorance.

wow the lewis silver is a very pretty bird are they tame or more towards the aggressive and if i remember right dont you have the impeyans
cause i would like to get some stock from you and then some from a couple of different people i know here in michigan and then mix the males
with the females so i get stronger bloodline..any ways what does the birds go for over there...the lady amhurst pair i got for 35 which is a
good deal in my eyes...i got the silver golden for ten bucks, which is another good deal, and the male red golden and yellow goldens go for
15 and the hens go for 20 where i have found them...the extra males that i have will be going into my flight pens with the peafowl with no hens
i think all the different colors in there will be very beautiful...also the silver golden i seen was just jaw dropping the color on that one
bird out of the five different males i seen was just stunning i almost didnt believe it was a real bird...it looked photo shopd...it was very
bright and just so perfect....anyways here is a pic of the peach pair i got two days ago...also tony we had a convo a while back and i asked
the adult red goldens and you mentiond about the barring in the wings...well six months went by and the birds must not have shed all there
juvenile feathers but they did and now i think there wonderful and fully colored and they dont have the barring now..so im excited to see the
little babies..i seperated them and im going to band the young and see which ones turn out to the best..
I want impeyans from Tony to!!! but gotta get some Tragopans first!!! Your birds are lovely BiRdMAN55!

BTW here are some pics from construction days 4-6. We go the wire up and the building painted, did a little landscaping..will post more pics tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom