New rescued ducks. Need advice

Updated pics
It is quite amazing the transformation just overnight. Should I be making them swim? Or just leave it up to them? They do not seem to know what the pool is
20211024_113646.jpg

Their semi naked backs
20211024_113653.jpg

Have they been In the pool at all? Can they easily get in an out? You could pick each one up and be put them in so they can feel the water. They may just jump right out or they may start bathing.
Their first time ever was yesterday and they were so dirty I knew I needed to get them in the pool, so I put them in yesterday. The hen loved it and did great the drake wanted out...lol. once they got out they have not attempted to go back in. There is a ramp on the outside and heavy rocks on the inside made into steps

Hopefully now that they have been in they will go in as they want too. I don’t think I’d push it now since they know where it is and what it’s for. They sure look cleaner already. And I wonder if they may have had chickens going after their backs? Any signs of wounds at all?

They look like different ducks already! As long as they can get in and out, I'd just leave them to bathe on their own. Let them get used to everything. My runners that I got a few months ago wouldn't go in the trough at first and it didn't take long for them to get in. But then just last night they were standing in the trough while I was filling it up! 🤣 I'd have some rubber bowls around and I'm sure they will get in one of those. Every duck seems infatuated with dirting up their drinking water. 😆

Hopefully now that they have been in they will go in as they want too. I don’t think I’d push it now since they know where it is and what it’s for. They sure look cleaner already. And I wonder if they may have had chickens going after their backs? Any signs of wounds at all?
No wounds and my friend said there was chickens but I was under the impression they were caged and the chickens were not (I hope they are not keeping the chickens in wire dog crates 🤔) I will have to ask my friend what the chickens are housed in. I know her main concern was the ducks well being, so hopefully the chickens are being cared for better.

Back
Top Bottom