new research debunks trad views on nutrition

This is a real, plant-based "egg" product. Part of the Vegan "health" movement.

Honestly, I'm surprised they haven't been sued in California as part of one of those class action "likelihood of confusion" cases. It seems to me a better claim then "I thought {sugary breakfast cereal} was healthy" or "my potato chip bag contains a lot of air, making it appear there are more content than is actually present" type cases (both examples of real lawsuits here in Litigation-prone US.
I didn't search to see if it was a product. I'm surprise as you are that they can get away with it.

I would have thought that a like-for-like comparison is the right way to look at it.
I also assume there are FDA (and equivalent regulators) who determine the level of disaggregation required in a food label.
After all, go small enough and we are all just atoms.
So I looked at the label for Hellman’s Mayonnaise.
It seems like ‘whole egg’ is an acceptable level for a food label.
Which makes the previously posted label for an egg as containing simply egg an appropriate like for like.
IMG_5561.png

Last edited:
OK. So the chemistry-heavy label of the 'ingredients' in an egg turns out to be produced by an Aussie chemistry teacher promoting his subject to secondary school kids. The third in a series which also featured a banana and a blueberry. Enough said.

Does anyone remember something called "Tofurkey?" It was a tofu-based "turkey product," marketed around Thanksgiving, to vegetarians and vegans. It seems someone had the bright idea that "they were missing out on part of the Thanksgiving tradition of eating turkey."

I worked with a young man whose parents were vegetarian for a few years, and subjected him to a Holiday Tofurkey. He told me, "It was tofu. Call it tofu. I even like tofu. It bore no resemblance to a turkey, other than its processed shape."

Like the blueberry "yogurt" I bought by mistake. It contained Milk, sugar, blueberries, conditioners/emulsifiers/natural and artificial flavors, and gelatin. No active cultures. Nothing that had taken the milk and made it into yogurt.

Don't get me started on honey. One of the most faked foods out there.

I think words should mean something too.

Back
Top Bottom