New roost pics(Thanks for the ideas)

About the cardboard- (please don't get mad at me)- the birds will probably strip the out layer off it and swallow it, so it there's a way to cover it, especially at the bottom, maybe with 1/8" plywood...

Leaving now...
hmm.png

I use cardboard in my coop in the winter because I use my barn and there's spaces between the boards. So far my chickens havn't touched it. In the winter I take a couple heads of cabbage and hang it up on some rope and they pick at that and not the cardboard. So far so good.
wink.png

By the way nice job.
clap.gif
clap.gif
thumbsup.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

Capon, the 1x4's are 8 ft long. I may add a support in the middle but that will have to wait till later. For now the wieght of the chickens hasnt affected it at all...And I have also been watching the chickens and they have not messed with the cardboard I put up for insulation at all.

Lovely roosts, lovely chickens!

erm...one thing ('cause I'm an old busy-body) Tie that hair up when you're using power tools!
tongue2.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
LOL Thats the first thing I thought when I saw the pictures.. Drill + Long Hair = Really Did I say REALLY bad hair day.

LOL...Grandmaof5 I knew that was coming about the hair. I had a clippy holding it up and it kept falling down, so I just sayed the heck with it bacause I really wanted to get it done. Ive been thinkin about getting a haircut anyway
wink.png
Thank you all for all the nice compliments!!! And all the girls are getting the hang of the latter. I went out late last night and almost all of them found their way up there...wooohooo!

Back
Top Bottom