New Salmon Faverolle babies!!

Cloverleaf Farm

Bearded Birds are Best
11 Years
Sep 16, 2008
Levan, UT
Well, after much frustration with my shipped faverolle eggs, and not one but two attempts, I have babies!! WOOT!! Only two healthy ones mind you, and one more in a seperate brooder until the remainder of his umbilicus falls off, but babies all the same! Sorry the pic quality is poor, but they were taken on my cell phone....
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

15879_fav1.jpg

15879_fav2.jpg

barnie.gif
..I am jealous..this is my dream chicken..I just had to throw out 3+ doz..shipped..fav eggs..but I do still have 2 doz. developing..hope to get a trio but I am sure fed up with shipped eggs..they were packed extremely well so I say it is P.O...if I don't get any, I'll try in the fall...sigh

Quote:
I hear ya! The first batch was shipped via FedEx, and all had detached air cells. The second batch was shipped USPS Express mail. 15 eggs the first time, 16 eggs the second time. Maybe favs just don't ship well?? They were EXTREMELY well packaged too!! I am ecstatic that I have 3! I have an awesome roo already, so I am REALLY hoping at least one of these is a pullet!!
wink.png
Good luck to you on your future attempts!!

Awww ... we've got some Salmon Faverolles (banties) in the bator - should hatch in about 10 days. We've candled and some of the eggs are duds but we did see some wigglers ...woohoo! We've got a lf Faverolle mutt rooster (Joe) and we can't wait to get more.

Congrats on the hatch!

Back
Top Bottom