Administrator
BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
My Coop
Thanks to LinckHillPoultry for such a great idea!

Here's how we're going to do this:

Contest Guidelines

1) Each "contest" will be in its own thread.

2) The thread / topic titles will be in the format of "Category - Contest End Date." For example: "Buff Orpington - Contest Ends 4/1/08." Make sure to include an ending date for your contest in your thread title.

3) Categories for the contests are limited to photos of poultry only. Threads about other animals will be moved. You can theme your contest following a real-life poultry show category or make up a "fun" contest. Fun contest categories like the "Ugliest Chicken Contest," theme contests (holidays, roosters only, etc. etc. etc.), altered photo contests, etc., are fine.

4) Contests should be judged and have winners posted. Prizes are not necessary. Threads that just ask members to post pictures of their birds, without judging involved, will be moved to the appropriate section of the forum.

5) Pictures on the forum must be a maximum of 300 kb and no more than 800 pixels wide. If you really need to show off your bird, use a thumbnail to link to a larger picture.

If this takes off, BYC may donate some prizes to the winners!

Here are some more details / information:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=31692
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=32923

Post general suggestions and questions about the Online Poultry Show in this thread!​

ok so we still post all the pics of our birds on the BYC Online Poultry Show? But the diffrent birds will be in there own catagory like the modern and OEGB?

A few more thoughts:

1) Can someone post a list of the generally accepted "categories" for poultry shows? Is it by breed or "type" or both? (I don't know a thing about shows).

2) Since I know nothing about shows I'll need to rely on people who do to help out. Maybe a person could act as one of the judges and also as the organizer and mediator for each thread / topic? I guess they shouldn't judge their own submissions?

Thoughts?

Oh, and what's a good amount of time for each show? Or should it be until there are xx submissions (so more rare breeds will wait until there are more submissions and more popular ones will have more contests more often)?

Nifty-Chicken,
My one page that I accidentally made has some rules, would you like for me to bring them in here? and also categories.
Do you want me to start new threads for the categories?

Last edited:
Theres OEG For moderns and OEGB
Feather legged for silkies,cochins,etc...
Medeteranian for leghorns,etc...

I think those are some but corect me if im wrong(ive only been to 2 shows,lol)

Quote:
I noticed your categories but I wasn't sure if those are standard naming conventions / categories that you'd see at a regular show. I want to make sure we're sticking to a standard that people who go to shows will be use to.

Your rules look really good. Let's not set anything in stone just yet because I think everyone will have some great input on how to organize this for the most fun possible.

Back
Top Bottom