New sign

Apr 16, 2023
I had some extra time over the weekend so I thought I'd make a sign to go over the pop door on the coop.
20230625_132803.jpg

Nice... what flavor of wood did you use? I just picked up a trim router but haven't been able to try it out yet.

ETA... My daughter got me that same "Dad's workshop" sign...👊
I just used a scrap piece of pine I had. My son got me that sign for father's day last year.

Noodle board I made the wife for Xmas (Shou sugi ban)View attachment 3557399

Nice job with the router. Painting or staining for finish?
Have you tried Shou sugi ban (wood burning)? Makes the knots and grain pop with clear coat or stain/paint.
I'm not sure on a finish yet. I was thinking about burning it. I do a lot of burning on different projects. This a flag I just recently finished for a customer.

Attachments

• 20230620_181849.jpg
    20230620_181849.jpg
    515.4 KB · Views: 5
I'm not sure on a finish yet. I was thinking about burning it. I do a lot of burning on different projects. This a flag I just recently finished for a customer.
Oh that's really nice, I like the section you picked for the stars and how you flip flopped the stripes.
Been wanting to do a Punisher skull with flag.

I haven't tried selling anything yet. About the time I get something finished one of my kids wants it.

Oh that's really nice, I like the section you picked for the stars and how you flip flopped the stripes.
Been wanting to do a Punisher skull with flag.

I haven't tried selling anything yet. About the time I get something finished one of my kids wants it.
It's something I do on the side. It relaxing and I make a couple extra bucks. Most of which goes into new tools.

Back
Top Bottom