New silkie acting strange

Apr 27, 2021
Indiana
Hello everyone, so I got this silkie last night and she is very calm but I’m getting kinda scared that she may be too calm. All she’s done since we got her was sit here facing the coop like in the picture. I had to put her in the coop last night and get her out this morning. When I put her in she went to the corner and laid down and when I came out this morning she was still there in the exact position. I haven’t seen her eat or drink but she has food inside and outside of the coop. I just thinks it’s weird all she’s been doing is staring at the coop she’ll randomly look around and make a little noise but that’s it. I thought maybe the fur on her head was covering her eyes and trimmed it last night but nothing changed. Maybe she’s still trying to settle in? Or is there something more wrong with her?

Attachments

• E15F0841-80C0-412A-A926-98481B1121EC.jpeg
    E15F0841-80C0-412A-A926-98481B1121EC.jpeg
    458.1 KB · Views: 20
Hello everyone, so I got this silkie last night and she is very calm but I’m getting kinda scared that she may be too calm. All she’s done since we got her was sit here facing the coop like in the picture. I had to put her in the coop last night and get her out this morning. When I put her in she went to the corner and laid down and when I came out this morning she was still there in the exact position. I haven’t seen her eat or drink but she has food inside and outside of the coop. I just thinks it’s weird all she’s been doing is staring at the coop she’ll randomly look around and make a little noise but that’s it. I thought maybe the fur on her head was covering her eyes and trimmed it last night but nothing changed. Maybe she’s still trying to settle in? Or is there something more wrong with her?
Thinking maybe broody.

Move her from that spot, & see if she moves back to it?

Thinking maybe broody.

Move her from that spot, & see if she moves back to it?
I just got her last night she hasn’t laid an egg or anything yet. When we got her she went to the coroner of the pin facing the coop wall just standing there. We let her free range last night before bed and she went up to the garage and just stood there like she did when inside the pin. Then it was getting dark so I picked her up and put her on the ramp to the coop and she walked in and went to the corner and laid down facing the wall. This morning I came out and she was still there so I picked her up and put her on the ramp facing out. She came out and went right back to the corner she went to yesterday when we first got her and put her in there.

I just got her last night she hasn’t laid an egg or anything yet. When we got her she went to the coroner of the pin facing the coop wall just standing there. We let her free range last night before bed and she went up to the garage and just stood there like she did when inside the pin. Then it was getting dark so I picked her up and put her on the ramp to the coop and she walked in and went to the corner and laid down facing the wall. This morning I came out and she was still there so I picked her up and put her on the ramp facing out. She came out and went right back to the corner she went to yesterday when we first got her and put her in there.
Broodies don't lay eggs.

She could be in a bit of shock from the move. You can give her some Vitamins, & Electrolytes in her water, or take a dropper, & give her some directly.

Is she in quarantine, away from other birds?

Broodies don't lay eggs.

She could be in a bit of shock from the move. You can give her some Vitamins, & Electrolytes in her water, or take a dropper, & give her some directly.

Is she in quarantine, away from other birds?
If put some vitamins and electrolytes in her water and she has fresh water, but I haven’t seen her drink either. I will try the dropper. She is in her own little pin and coop but can still see the other chickens on one side. I haven’t noticed the other chickens have an interest In her but she also hasn’t gone to that side of the fence because she just stays in the one corner. She did have a long drive yesterday from Ohio to Indiana so I’m sure shes tired, but I figured she’d still move around more or i’d see her eat or drink.

If put some vitamins and electrolytes in her water and she has fresh water, but I haven’t seen her drink either. I will try the dropper. She is in her own little pin and coop but can still see the other chickens on one side. I haven’t noticed the other chickens have an interest In her but she also hasn’t gone to that side of the fence because she just stays in the one corner. She did have a long drive yesterday from Ohio to Indiana so I’m sure shes tired, but I figured she’d still move around more or i’d see her eat or drink.
Have you tried Scrambled eggs? They are pretty tempting for chickens.

Why is feed in a chick feeder? Try a red colored dish? Also the bird looks male.

I'm thinking it's travel stress.
I use this feeder in the new chicken area because it’s small and I never get more than 2 at a time in this pin and just until they ready to go in with the other chickens. Also I felt the pelvic area and she has the gap for the egg.

Back
Top Bottom