new silkie babies - what to do about constant chirping

amylynn0831

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 21, 2014
so i have 3 baby silkies, all from the same place, all bought at the same time. i have two that seem perfectly content in their bin with their food, water, and vitamin water. i use pine shavings for the bedding which i scoop twice a day and they have a red bulb heat lamp for warmth. i even put a teddy bear in the corner. now these chicks are used to being handled, both by me and my daughter, and seem very friendly and affectionate. except for one…i have checked for pasty butt, i have looked for evidence of worms, i have moved the lamp farther and closer…but one never shuts up! he chirps ALL THE TIME. except at night. and they are kept in my master bath closet, so that the window will shine some natural light on them. what do i do? i thought maybe he wanted to be with me and that's what all the fuss was about, but even when i am holding him, blanketing him with my hands for warmth, he still won't hush. is there anything else i can try?

i think he might be fine i had one like that he grew up just great he would just do whatever chickens do cheeping the whole time eating drinking playing etc.
smile.png

It will be fine, just very talkative. We have one of them right now that is a lot louder than it's brothers and sisters. Unless it acts sick or stops eating and drinking, I wouldn't be too concerned

Back
Top Bottom