New silkie baby....WITH 6 TOES??????? PIC'S!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
How about "DQ"?
lol.png

Quote:
How about "DQ"?
lol.png

bahah ...that's a good one. You will never believe this tho...

so i called the hatchery where i bought my silkies from and told them about the two they sent me that i could basicly not use them for anything now. So the girl talked it over with me an she's sending me 1 white silkie, one black silkie, and 1 speckeld sussex in a new order to my post office!!
wee.gif
I couldn't believe it!! Didn't cost me a dime ether...FREE of charge no question's asked...shipping included!!!

Needless to say i was just fine with the DQ'S because i was mainly going to use them for broody.....BUT i did have small hopes of breeding them for my experimental cross breed plan i have bounceing around in my head
duc.gif

Quote:
How about "DQ"?
lol.png

bahah ...that's a good one. You will never believe this tho...

so i called the hatchery where i bought my silkies from and told them about the two they sent me that i could basicly not use them for anything now. So the girl talked it over with me an she's sending me 1 white silkie, one black silkie, and 1 speckeld sussex in a new order to my post office!!
wee.gif
I couldn't believe it!! Didn't cost me a dime ether...FREE of charge no question's asked...shipping included!!!

Needless to say i was just fine with the DQ'S because i was mainly going to use them for broody.....BUT i did have small hopes of breeding them for my experimental cross breed plan i have bounceing around in my head
duc.gif

Thats great! It pays to tactfully complain sometimes.

Here in the South, a lot of people have initials for names - I have 9 Silkies due to hatch in 7 days so if one of them has a defect I will definitely name it "DQ".

Quote:
Ditto except my showgirl is a purebred and has the double "toenail" his prodigy seem to mostly have the right number of toes with good seperation or a complete 6th toe.

I have a Silkie with 6 toes - the 6th one is curly, curly and I might have to clip the nail on it. It's weird, but cute. I think all my Silkies are absolutely WOW AND WONDERFUL. Another one has 1 white toenail on each foot. They are just precious - at first had what looked like feathers on top of their heads, now is all a big, fuzzy topknot. I love them.
big_smile.png
And I think they love me too!

I washed one of my buff Silkie's feet yesterday and she loved it! It was hard to tell whether she loved getting her feet washed in cold water better than being fed raw peanuts.

I have just hatched 6 silkie chickens! I bought the eggs on the internet and 4 of them have 6 toes??? Have yours grown up ok?

Back
Top Bottom