New Snake Pics!

Jordan,

Are snakes like that one indigenous to the central CA area?
Last spring my DD found a red baby snake about the size of a pencil in one of our coops. It wandered off, but we never did figure out what it was. I dont recall ever seeing any red snakes around here.

Chel

Definitely, ChicknGurl, I want to see pics! You really dont have to worry about snakes like chicks, but I still do! There are tons of good breeder out there! Kathy Love at Cornutopia.com is famous, she's awesome. Go for it!

Lauren, Corns are the easiest snakes to own, IMO. Im going to post a care sheet for you though, because its just way easier than typing it out,lol. For the food, they eat mice! I prefer frozen/thawed because its safer and easier to keep as you can store them up in the freezer. I spot clean weekly, meaning I clean up their poopy mess, but I deep clean the tank every few weeks. Anyways, here's the caresheet!

http://jonigarcia.com/care_sheet.html

(ChicknGurl, Joni Garcia is another great breeder! She is who I got Dawson from!)

Hey Chel,

Nope, they are native to Florida, and a few other states. South Carolina and a little bit of Texas, and New Jersey. I THINK, lol. But I know they arent indigenous here. Im not sure what it might have been. Possibly a vibrant colored gopher or something??
idunno.gif

http://www.californiaherps.com/index.html

There ya go, Chel. Go search for it! lol.

Sooooo many colors!
ep.gif
I want one of each! lol

I was lazy last night and played with the hog nose instead of getting pictures.
love.gif
I'll do better this weekend! It was sliding around between my fingers and saw it's reflection in my thumb ring - it flattened out it's head and sat really still. lol, too cute!

ChicknGurl, Im working on getting a Hypo Lavender, and Opal and a Caramel Stripe by the end of this year. I love all of the different colors! Well darn it, I wanna see him,lol. They are so cute, now I want a hoggie!

Madison, I saw your post! The one you got I think is an Amel. Dawson, the snake in this post, is also an Amel!

Quote:
Yay, thanks for your help! I'd be very pleased if my little guy grew up to be as pretty as yours!
Wow you want to get three more kinds by the end of the year, huh? Are you going to breed them?

Quote:
Yay, thanks for your help! I'd be very pleased if my little guy grew up to be as pretty as yours!
Wow you want to get three more kinds by the end of the year, huh? Are you going to breed them?

No Problem! Yeah, I think he will. The pics just dont do Dawson justice, he's very vibrant.

Ummm....I dont want to, no, if I got what I wanted, I'd have a million snakes by the end of the year,lol. Well I have 3 males. Dawson is an Amel het Caramel and Stripe, Irwin is an Amel het Lavender and Corwin is a Normal het Hypo, possible het Lavender. So I want females that would go well with them if I do breed.

If I get a Caramel Stripe het Amel for Dawson, I can produce Amels, Butters, Caramels, Amel Stripes, Caramel Stripes and Butter Stripes.

If I get an Opal for Irwin, they can produce Amels, Lavenders and Opals, since Amel and Lav make Opal.

If I get a Hypo Lav for Corwin, and he proves to be het for Lav, then I can get Hypo Lavs, which are awesome.

I have two Normal females het Hypo, possible het Lav, but I want some pretty colorful ones too,lol.

I figure, if I want to breed when they are old enough, I can produce amazing morphs, and if I dont, then I'll still have beautiful snakes!

Do you plan on attending any reptiles shows this year? Im going to San Jose, and I believe Lisa (wooden_pony) is going to go too!

OOO theres a reptile expo in San Jose?! I'm about 1.5 hours away, but I drive down to San Jose all the time for random stuff, so I'd love to go! Is there a website I could check out more info? What dates will you guys be there?

Yep Yep! There sure is! It was on November 3-4 last year, but they havent set a date for this year. I'll post a link to the site. I dont know when I'll be going, since I dont know when it is,lol. But I'll send you a PM or something when it comes around and let you know. Im sure if Lisa goes, we'll be going on the same day! It was really fun though, and the breeders there are really helpful!

http://www.upscalereptiles.com/

Back
Top Bottom