NEW SPRING QUILT BLOCK SWAP!

I would worry too much, and just be safe looks like this storm is going to be a doozy, stay warm. wow it is supposed to say" wouldn't", can you say fingers can't keep up with the brain.

Last edited:
Sorry gals, here I am screwing this up for you.
hit.gif

I got the mailing address Friday, worked late and missed the post office. I had to go on an unexpected trip Saturday morning and missed the post office. Now that I am back, if the snowstorm doesn't close the roads, I will have them in the mail tomorrow. Promice!
I did two different blocks - I hope that is OK. Silly me didn't buy enough fabric to make 16 all the same, luckily I found some stuff in my stash. One thing I found out about myself - I don't have much in my stash for brights, although I did have a number of blacks. I guess I am pretty boring.
Believe it or not, there was snow in Phoenix today as we had weather move through, thankfully not for us :) Wyo- I so remember those Wyoming snow storms you measure in feet, not inches :)

Believe it or not, there was snow in Phoenix today as we had weather move through, thankfully not for us :) Wyo- I so remember those Wyoming snow storms you measure in feet, not inches :)
Tracibug PM'd and hers should be here by Thursday, so will do an update tomorrow or the next day...I will stalk the mailman and will certainly let you all know when you can also
tongue2.gif

Sorry I wasn't stop by for while. Got too busy to do house cleaning.
And I'm sooo happy that my package made to GrannysRoost!!
I can't wait to get them :)

Hi, you did receive katsdar's right, just wanting to make sure your not waiting on me because I mailed them.

never mind saw in the post where you received them.

Last edited:
My blocks have been mailed and I did lable each set of two with my name.
Sorry for the delay, I finally made it to the post office between snows - looks like we may get more tomorrow.
I can't complain though because we need it so bad.

I wouldn't worry about needing more time, things just happen and as long as we get them in the end to me that is all that matters to me. The rain has held off today, which was good I let my juvenile birds have the run of the coop while the big birds were free ranging they are 13 weeks old today. Now on to more pressing matters
big_smile.png
I found this open-toe walking foot with quilter bar and before I spend the money is it a good investment? What all does it do and how does it help you? Any advice would be appreciated.
thanks
kat

It depends on how much you are going to use it. If you like to finish quilts with alot of straight line quilting - they work fabulous! I have one and use it for when I have a simple quilt and just want to do a grid of stitching over it to finish it quick. With the walking foot - there is no bunching and with the quilter bar the lines of stitching stay straight and even! :)
I had some pretty bad quilts before I started using the walking foot. The quilt top always seemed to stretch as I quilted and it would get the little puckers under the seams. My cats have had a number of quilts to call their own ...
roll.png

You will still have to baste the sandwich together pretty good, but the walking foot will help alot to stop the stretching of the top.

Back
Top Bottom