New stealth coop...

You might want to add some plants on the blank wall that it looks like you can see the neighbors window from. And maybe a vine around the back of the coop to reduce noise bouncing off the stucco.

Beautiful coop!!! Good luck being under cover.
big_smile.png
(I'm hearing the Mission Impossible theme song in the background for you)

Love, love, love the coop!!! Good luck with your stealth chickens!! Let us know if you have any problems with your neighbors. *fingers crossed you don't!*

Thanks to all for your kind words of praise and encouragement. This was my first attempt at building a coop. All suggestions have been duly noted and are under consideration...

The girls, Four Marans and one EE, will move into their new home Saturday evening around dusk. Much cooler by this weekend with highs only in the low 100's...

Finished digging out the dirt from the run floor this morning and will lay landscape cloth in just before I shovel in the sand. Having 10 Tons of masonry sand (mixed size with pebbles and such) delivered today for a nice bed for the run; with plenty left over for replacement and landscaping needs.

107840_10-6-2011_005.jpg

I just have to move it from the front drive-way, to the back yard...One shovel, one wheelbarrow at a time!
tongue.png
Should even be enough left over for the grandkidlets to play in for a while!
big_smile.png
More pics later...

Regards, Coop.

Last edited:
How are the girls doing in their new coop? Post some pictures. Are they quiet and have the neighbors noticed them yet? Know the pointer has
smile.png
Are you getting eggs yet, bet the gr kids are lovin' em. Give 'em all hugs
wink.png
Gramma Coop

Last edited:
Welcome 1bluebird! I'm honored with your first post!
big_smile.png
Update time, and thanks for prompting me! The girls seem to be very content and spoiled, with a surprisingly quiet chicken 'coo' for the most part.

Only one lady out of six laying at this time and her egg song is nothing out of the ordinary.
tongue.png

Phoenix neighbors are a bit strange at times...I don't really interact with our next door ones, left or right, they choose to keep to themselves...Nobody loves a hermit or recluse.
I have much more interaction with folks up and down and across the street...Just the way it is; life in the big city.

The coop and back fence border a dry desert wash and trail...No complaints from the wild critters.

Sand in the hen house is a breeze to clean-up with a scoop in the morning and they seem to love the sand in the run. No downside other than a bit of dust, no smell, easy to maintain...What's not to love?

The grandkidlets are fascinated and probably a bit overwhelmed...Hand feeding was a hoot.

Regards, Coop.

107840_10-25-2011_016.jpg

107840_10-25-2011_015.jpg

107840_10-25-2011_014.jpg

107840_10-25-2011_012.jpg

107840_10-25-2011_011.jpg

107840_10-25-2011_009.jpg

107840_10-25-2011_008.jpg

107840_10-25-2011_019.jpg

Whoa...whoa..WHOA!

107840_10-6-2011_008.jpg

107840_10-25-2011_007.jpg

Last edited:
awsome job, like the idea of pennies as washers. but wouldnt really need them for screws?? anyway watch out you might have to put muzzles on your chickens they are loud when they lay an egg they get proud

Back
Top Bottom