NEW STYLE HOVA-BATOR????

I am hoping that the humidity will be better with this one. Temp hasn't been so much of a problem but the humidity is often all over the place especially with all the wet weather we have been having recently. I am going to start collecting eggs on the 31st and setting up in February that way I will have time to play with the incubator before I put the eggs in. Getting so excited for this hatching season!!

I hope you guys have the success and satisfaction my father and I have had with my inherited Hova-bator. I did replace the plastic windows (they were so scratched I couldn't see through them). I used the glass from 5x7 frames. The dial type hygrometer inside the bator reads 25-30% which is perfect for dry incubation. This one has the fan already in it. It does make some noise when the fan is running. Sometimes it emits a high pitched squeal which causes the dogs to go bonkers. If you whack it on the side it stops making noises.

lol! That's awesome!!

Okay just went on and bought one but don't have an eta for delivery yet. Hopefully it won't take too long. Can't wait to get started with my spring hatches.

lol! That's awesome!!
I hope you guys have the success and satisfaction my father and I have had with my inherited Hova-bator. I did replace the plastic windows (they were so scratched I couldn't see through them). I used the glass from 5x7 frames. The dial type hygrometer inside the bator reads 25-30% which is perfect for dry incubation. This one has the fan already in it. It does make some noise when the fan is running. Sometimes it emits a high pitched squeal which causes the dogs to go bonkers. If you whack it on the side it stops making noises.
Yes, awesome! And do I spy duct tape? I also got my Hovabator 1588 this December, it's a shame I missed out on the great big viewing window on the new model! What kind of eggs do they ship you?

Yes you see black duct tape covering the entire base of the unit. That was after I siliconed the holes. I got done installing the PC fan into my new hovabator but am using it as a hatcher for a while. That elderly unit is just so stable and self sufficient I can't let go. I've got 7 new fuzzies to show for it and now it hold 7 button quail eggs, 14 WL and 6BL and 8 poilsh/silkie mutts and 4 African goose eggs and 7 dominiques. ALL of these eggs I'm hatching at this time is for others. So far I had a late hatchling that I've kept for me (heehee).

I just received my order from surehatch for the 1588 and it is the new one too.
ya.gif
I sure am itchy.
hide.gif
I have promised myself not until about Feb 12 at least. I like the big window too. It will be my first hatch , except under a hen. Oh I have another broody here without eggs. She seems to be dead set on setting so I may give her a few eggs for the heck of it.
idunno.gif

Let me know how your new bators are doing when hatching. Gloria Jean

I got mine last night. The New Model with the digital readout. I am happy even thought I purchased a digital therm/hydrometer. I figure if they read the same I can use it in the hatcher.

It came with the quail rails for 169.99 + shipping(off e-bay). Incubator Warehouse has it listed at 195. Shipping for me was 21.00 here in NY.

My wife is amazed that I will wait 2-3 weeks before setting anything.

Chris

Ordered mine last night and now I am chomping at the bit will be loading it wit Light Brahma and Light Brahma/Cochin or Delaware mix eggs. The girls are all laying. They started at the end of December so the eggs are starting to get full sized rather than peewee size. Will start collecting on the 31st and set up my incubator on the 12th of February.

crazyhen~ I have a broody trying to hatch out eggs too. The only problem is that I live in Vermont and it's FREEZING here lol. If she is still set on it in March once it starts getting above freezing then I will let her have some eggs to sit on. Right now she will have to be content trying to hatch the golf balls she stole out of all the nests lol.

Back
Top Bottom