NEW STYLE HOVA-BATOR????

I hate that I bought the little Rcom incubator. I really wish I would have got this one. I guess you live you learn. Next time I get an incubator it is definitely going to be digital Genesis hovabator. I am setting 14 eggs tomorrow, (as I have to let the cooler bator stabilize a little while) and have 3 eggs in the Rcom mini. The eggs are Rhode Island Red, and Black Sex Link.

If I don't get the new Genesis next, I will get the Sportsman for sure.

wow that new genesis is beautiful! I got mine last spring and until today held it on a pedestal but...here comes that green monster!! I want the new one too! Can anyone say tax refunds??
Quote:
I mentioned it casually to mine and he didn't say anything lol. I can always say that since I did mention it that I gave him the opportunity to tell me know. I still would have probably done it though but since he is redoing his Mustang this spring I don't think he will fault me a better working incubator :p

OK, Chicken math is taking on a whole new meaning when I can "Make My Own!"
yippiechickie.gif
I remember seeing incubators when I was a kid (too long ago to remember much) I will be trying some of our eggs for awhile, till I get comfortable with the process and my new toy. My DH also "missed hearing" I was buying a bator, but he loves the chickens (and HIS Collectables). I have a project or 2 (or 3) in mind for later in the year. Suffice to say I will be watching the Auctions closely to see where my future kiddos can be located.

Thanks for reminding me about the TAX refund!!!
yesss.gif

I hate that I bought the little Rcom incubator. I really wish I would have got this one. I guess you live you learn. Next time I get an incubator it is definitely going to be digital Genesis hovabator. I am setting 14 eggs tomorrow, (as I have to let the cooler bator stabilize a little while) and have 3 eggs in the Rcom mini. The eggs are Rhode Island Red, and Black Sex Link.

If I don't get the new Genesis next, I will get the Sportsman for sure.

What don't you like about the Rcom?

I only have the Rcom mini, it is way to small. I thought it was super cool at first, and the temperature is great, but it is too small. I bet it is a great parrot egg incubator, but as for chicken eggs, It's decent. I also couldn't see buying the Rcom 20 they are really expensive.

GQF mfg

https://www.gqfmfg.com/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=66

The first one was so good I bought another one.

Hehe you know I was contemplating that because it would be great to do two hatches at once and get all my birds for the year in one hatch. I have collected 22 eggs so far and waiting for the hens to lay more. Going to try and do 50 eggs in this first batch which means not using the turner but that's okay it's still doable hehe. The girls are laying well and the eggs are much bigger then when they started so we will see how well they hatch. I am down a rooster in that coop though so I only have one boy to 10 girls. Not sure he is up to those numbers. We shall soon see I guess. Hoping my other rooster gets better soon he fell on the ice and sprained his foot and is now in the medical ward until he recoups. Maybe once we get taxes back I can order a second who knows.

Just recieved my new genesis 1588 with the digital control panel and its set up and has been running for the last 4 hours. Maybe its too soon, but I'm not sure how accurate the readouts are. The digital control panel is reading at 42% humidity and temp is at 99.5-100. I also bought a digital therm/hydrometer, and with it at egg level, its reading at 52% humidity and the temp is at 98.8. I'm not too worried about the temp but more about the humidity. Should I wait and give it some more time or should I get another hydrometer??

Back
Top Bottom