New the Chicken scene here in FL

HighlandRogue

Chirping
Aug 5, 2021
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? This is my first time raising chickens. I remember having chickens when I was younger but they were my mother's project. She had a large flocks of RI Reds. (I remember the rooster was quite mean).

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? I have 8 hens and 1 rooster. I don't know if that's a good or bad ratio but I'm hoping they all do well and I end up with some hatched chicks of my own down the road.

(3) What breeds do you have? I just purchased my first chicken breed. Brown Leghorns! I thought the hens were attractive and the Rooster quite handsome. I also read they were good layers.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? I'm hoping to have the supplement of quality eggs but also to raise up a larger flock on my own. Eventually I would like to have a few uncommon breeds around.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Everything outdoors including fishing and boating. I love farming and gardens and being self sufficient.

Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D I was googling questions and found BYC and immediately joined up.

Back
Top Bottom