New to all of this - & obsessed already!

What do you mean?

Hah Hah! What is chicken math? Here’s a good example. This all began this spring. I decided to get back into chickens so I built a chicken tractor and run for 8 chickens. Bought +8 speckled Sussex, -3 arrived dead, still want at least eight so I buy +4 white Leghorns, one ends up being a rooster, CRAP!, had to rescue +1 Jersey Giant, +1 Campine, +1 Leghorn, +1 Barred Rock, my run wasn’t ready yet but would be in about two days, I thought they’d be OK for two days, wrong. Two dogs broke into the run and killed my -1 Campine, -2 SS, went to the feed store bought +1 Production Blue and +1 Easter Egger, decided now my tractor is too small and began to convert a 10x10 tool shed to a coop. Hmm, too much space, I could use some more chickens. Bought +3 French black copper Marans, +3 EEs, decided I really like EEs and if I get an EE rooster I could make Olive Eggers with my FBCM and EEs so I bought +7 EE pullets and +1 EE cockerel, -2 sick EE chicks died so I buy +2 more EE chicks. I will soon have three separate coops to house the chickens plus room for a few more.
That’s chicken math! :D And, if my daughters don’t start using their trampoline soon, I’m already thinking how to convert that to a coop. :rolleyes:
Welcome to BYC!

Back
Top Bottom