New to back yard chickens

doghouse5

Hatching
May 1, 2017
Hi I am new to BYC I plan on raising & hatching bob white quail I have the quail waiting for them to mature and start laying eggs. I am interested in incubating should I build or buy I have a very low budget. I am handy and have the resources. Any thoughts or ideas are welcome any good plans for a cabinet style incubator possibly 3 or four shelves.

welcome-byc.gif

I'm not good on building etc but I've heard that people have had good results with home-made incubators.
Have fun on BYC and have fun with your Quail!

-Jet

Welcome, doghouse5.

I don't build much. Got tired of smashing my thumb with
the hammer, put it in the yardsale and that was that.

But I bet you can look around here and find some incubator
plans. Or I see several various plans online ?

Either way, glad to have you. And if you do build, let us know
how it turns out.

Spook

G’Day from down under doghouse5
frow.gif
Welcome!

Sorry that I am not able to help with your incubator build or buy question but I see you have started posting on other Forums for advice.

I popped ‘home made incubator’ into the search option and see that there are multiple threads on the subject if you want to try the same thing and check some out.

Good luck!

Oh, just for future reference in case you need it, BYC also has a Quail Forum: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/48/quail

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom