New to BackYard Chickens.

Yes, sometimes before they get their egg laying machines in gear, they can lay 2 eggs in one day. She should get this worked out soon. And the others should be laying soon as well. Each bird matures at a different rate.

Try going to our mobile section of the forums. Look at the top of this page and there is some "stickies" (articles) on using mobile phones. And if all else fails, you can post a question in this section as well...https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/16183/mobile-feedback

Yay, managed to figure out how to upload an image from my mobile.
Here are my very first 2 eggs laid by one of my Silkie Bantams yesterday.
I heard Silkies don't lay often, one of my hens laid both of these yesterday & laid another today. Is that unusual?

I heard Silkies don't lay often, one of my hens laid both of these yesterday & laid another today. Is that unusual?
Congrats on those eggs!! And yes I can see them!!! What are you planning on doing with them? Pullet eggs are just so tasty!

And yes, until they get their insides more fully mature, they are going to lay with a very crazy schedule for a week or so. In a couple weeks they should get a good regiment going and lay every day or every other day, one egg only. Not all birds lay every day and some only lay a couple times a week, depending on the breed. You will learn your birds egg laying habits.

I cannot however see your avatar. Try using another photo or go to our avatars at the top of this section. There are lots of freebie avatars you can use. :)

Last edited:

Congratulations on the eggs! It is unusual for a chicken to lay two eggs in one day. Are you sure that you don't have another bird laying?

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

Back
Top Bottom