New to BYC and raising Hens

sue3tiger

In the Brooder
Mar 16, 2015
Hi All, I feel like I found a new place to get great info. What a great idea to let us all share here. Tomorrow we are buying our first Coop and I went and looked at some Rhode Island Reds. Going to start with four and see how we do. I look forward to being a part of this great site. Sue

Hi Sue, nice to meet you. I'm glad you joined the BYC flock. Have to say I love your avatar, what a sweet little chick. If you would like to meet chickeners in your area go to "where am I, where are you," in the social forum. Then you can locate and post on your state thread. You are going to love watching your birds, they are fascinating - people here call it "chicken TV." No reruns, no cable bills, just pull up a chair and be entertained.

Hi :welcome Sue

Glad you could join the flock! The learning centre is a great place for lots of info on your new chicken adventure https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
Make sure you buy a coop bigger than you need as flocks have a tendency to grow fast! I'm sure your 4 will soon get bigger. The chicken math soon takes over.

Be sure to ask any questions you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly. Enjoy your new chickens and BYC :frow

Welcome to BYC Sue!
frow.gif

We have 2 RIR's in our mixed flock of 15. Nice birds and good layers. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we have!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So glad you could join our community!!

Definitely stop by our learning center. Lots of good articles on all the aspects of raising your new flock.

So pull up a roost bar and make yourself at home! Feel free to ask any questions you may have as well. :)

Welcome to BYC!
welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined our community.

You'll enjoy your Rhode Island Reds! I have one hatchery quality Rhode Island Red and she's been an excellent layer with a decent temperament.

Back
Top Bottom