New to BYC & Chickens!

mtgypsy

In the Brooder
May 15, 2015
Excited to be here and to learn more about my chicks. We are in the process of building our coop. :)

Hello!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. :frow Good luck with your coop!

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Best of luck with the coop! And congrats on your chicks! What breeds did you get? They sure grow fast, don't they?! If you have any questions what so ever, feel free to ask. We are happy to help. Glad you joined the flock!

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! You have certainly come to the right place for all the learning. Have you checked out the learning centre? Lots of articles on chicks, here is the link > https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Wishing you the very best of luck with your chicks and coop build. Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! You have certainly come to the right place for all the learning. Have you checked out the learning centre? Lots of articles on chicks, here is the link > https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Wishing you the very best of luck with your chicks and coop build. Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Thank you! We have 3 Rhode Island Reds, 6 Isa Browns, 4 Polish, and 3 that I am not positive on breed. They were in worry the isa brown pullets, but are black and yellow. I thought maybe black austrolorps, but they gave a lot of white on their wings.

Thank you! We have 3 Rhode Island Reds, 6 Isa Browns, 4 Polish, and 3 that I am not positive on breed. They were in worry the isa brown pullets, but are black and yellow. I thought maybe black austrolorps, but they gave a lot of white on their wings.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Isa Brown is one of a number of labels under which some hatcheries market their Red Sex Links which are hybrids produced by crossing red gene roosters with silver gene hens. Not only can they be sexed by color from hatching (males are whitish, females are reddish), but they are egg laying machines, out laying either parent breed. It's one of the interesting quirks of hybridization. You can see the difference between male and female Red Sex Link (Isa Brown) chicks in the pic below. If you want your three unknown birds identified, just post their pics on our What Breed or Gender is This? section at https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this and let our experts there take a look at them. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.
red_sex_link_chicks.jpg

Male Red Sex Link chicks on left; female Red Sex Link chicks on right.

Michael your chicks are gorgeous. save that photo for the next chick contest I would vote for them.

Thanks, but those aren't my chicks, but googled ones. I've had plenty of Red Sex Links in the past, but currently the only sex links in my flock are Black Sex Links. You're right though, they are gorgeous chicks.

Back
Top Bottom