New to BYC From North Mississippi

Not showing. Just window shopping! Would love to get some of the other Memphis folks together. What are you showing? By the way, I have Speckled Sussex.

we are going to show our blue standard cochin rooster. he is huge! probably won't do any good but why not. lol. we have cochin both standard and bantam, orpingtons, buff, lav, lemon cuckoo, black.

This is the first year the show has not been held on the Labor Day weekend. I think they will do a lot better this time. First off, your birds need to be NPIP certified and you have to bring a copy of your certificate, otherwise Tim will test at the show, but this test is only good for the show. Depending how many birds are there the judge, Ben Porter, will judge the birds without interuption from the participants adn then afterwards, he will explain the good and needs improving points of the bird. We took our own show cages last year but I understand that they will have some this year. If your bird isn't use to being handled, start now. The 7-10 days before the show, give them a bath and keep them where they will stay clean.

Look on Craig's List Memphis in the farm and garden, around July 25 and there is a link for the entry form and the different classes. its a lot of fun and a good way to know if your breeding program is working.

welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined us !!!
wee.gif

thanks for the info. we are Npip and i found the entry form on the website. we are just going to enter one bird. should be fun

Sorry for the delay in replying, my avatar is my goofy Speckled Sussex roo at about 8-9 weeks old.
When it gets closer, we need to figure out how to find each other at the Delta Fair!

Karen

Karen, click on my profile. there is a pic in my gallery of a t shirt we had made up. i will be wearing one of these so should be easy to spot. lol

Back
Top Bottom