New to BYC. Introducing myself.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by katt1268, Mar 10, 2016.

1. katt1268

katt1268 Just Hatched

Mar 10, 2016
    Kentucky
    Hello everyone! My name is Tara and I am from Kentucky. I cheated and did the whole "copy/paste" of the suggested questions because they seemed to cover most of the basics.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

We had chickens growing up. We even had a rooster that acted more like a dog when I was a girl. Once, he snuck into my Dad's truck and hitched a ride to work with him. LOL.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I currently have 10 chickens in my coop.

(3) What breeds do you have?

I have 3 Silver Laced Wyandottes, 3 Rhode Island Red/White Rock crosses, 3 White Rocks, and 1 Old English Game hen (a rescue)

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

I was researching information about a rooster bullying hens when I came across your sight, I loved it so much I decided to stay!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I like to read, write, and paint. (Reading is at the very top of the list!)

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

My hubby and I have been married for 14 years and we have 4 awesome, wonderful, amazing kiddos. In addition to our 10 chickens, we have a pug (Oscar) and an albino Flemish Giant rabbit (Clover). I am a SAHM now, but I was in the Army for 9 years. I'm definitely not shy, and I love to talk (which makes up for how quiet the hubby is). I love all our animal family members, but my chickens are my babies. I find it very relaxing to sit outside and watch them as they wander around the yard.

Glad to meet everyone!!!!

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Tara and [​IMG] - glad that you have joined us.

The Learning Centre is a great resource, even for experienced chicken keepers - loads of info on anything chicken. https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Joining your state thread will also put you in contact with other BYC members in your area.

(https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread)

The members here are amazing - very friendly and helpful, so if you need an answer to a question or simply want some reassurance that what you are doing is ok, then post away - we all help each other out here at BYC.

All the best
    CT

3. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Tara,
    [​IMG]
    There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around the run.

1 person likes this.
  4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Tara, glad you joined us at Backyard chickens. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by