New to BYC - Red Sex Link or Rhode Island Red Chick??

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

I'm not the best with breeds but whatever she is, she is super cute!

Glad you joined our flock!
wee.gif

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC!
welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined our "flock".

Your chick looks like a Production Red(hatchery "red" bird). She'll lay lots of eggs for you!

Above left is the chick I was told was a RSL when I bought a batch of 10 and the one on the right is what I was told was a RIR when I bought 3. I thought this picture might help. These chicks are about a week apart in age but the RIR is obviously a deeper red.

Campbell5 - Thanks so much for the picture. Clara surely looks a lot more like the chick on the left in your picture.

goodpost.gif
Really hoping she (another thing to hope for), is in fact a RSL. Love everyone's input. Thanks so much!! Very cute chickies btw.

Above left is the chick I was told was a RSL when I bought a batch of 10 and the one on the right is what I was told was a RIR when I bought 3. I thought this picture might help. These chicks are about a week apart in age but the RIR is obviously a deeper red.

Campbell5:
Here's an update of Hillary… any perspective on her coloring at this point? She almost looks like a cross of all the pictures I've seen and your two birdies there… so confused! Hehe.
idunno.gif

This baby chick looks like a Golden sex link we just got today. It has the little dark striped on it's back like the ones we got. Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom