"New" to BYC

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by aemcdou, Aug 12, 2016.

1. aemcdou

aemcdou New Egg

Aug 11, 2016
    Massachusetts
    Well after a year and a half of anonymously referring to this site for all my chicken-related questions, I finally took the plunge and made an account.

I got my first flock in March 2015 and as is inevitable with backyard chickens, I have since acquired many more! My current count is 17 chickens of varying breeds, and I couldn't love them more.

The reason I FINALLY made an account is because my beloved bantam rooster fathered two more cute (and loud) bantam roosters, and now I have three roo's and one annoyed neighbor. Unfortunately, it is time to rehome.

I have had significant trouble finding suitable homes for my three little guys. Not many people in my region want roosters and I have constant anxiety that they will be culled or used for fights by their new owners. For that reason I have come to the great community of chicken lovers, looking for guidance and advice on how to safely rehome these awesome boys to loving families.

If anybody has any pointers or tips about the forums or about my situation, please feel free to share!

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
  3. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    [​IMG]
    Good luck, never fun to try and find a home for a rooster. :/ Unless it's a breed someone is looking for at the time you have one up for placement. Good luck to you with the threads suggested.

4. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member Project Manager

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] so glad you decided to join us, but sorry about the rooster situation.

There are too many unwanted roosters to rehome and wish you luck in finding them a place to live.

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - you have some great advice and links already so I'll just say hello!

All the best
    CT

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    There is a glut of roosters looking for homes. I wish I could offer some suggestions but, their fate is not looking well.

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by