"New" to BYC

aemcdou

Hatching
Aug 11, 2016
Massachusetts
Well after a year and a half of anonymously referring to this site for all my chicken-related questions, I finally took the plunge and made an account.

I got my first flock in March 2015 and as is inevitable with backyard chickens, I have since acquired many more! My current count is 17 chickens of varying breeds, and I couldn't love them more.

The reason I FINALLY made an account is because my beloved bantam rooster fathered two more cute (and loud) bantam roosters, and now I have three roo's and one annoyed neighbor. Unfortunately, it is time to rehome.

I have had significant trouble finding suitable homes for my three little guys. Not many people in my region want roosters and I have constant anxiety that they will be culled or used for fights by their new owners. For that reason I have come to the great community of chicken lovers, looking for guidance and advice on how to safely rehome these awesome boys to loving families.

If anybody has any pointers or tips about the forums or about my situation, please feel free to share!

welcome-byc.gif

Good luck, never fun to try and find a home for a rooster. :/ Unless it's a breed someone is looking for at the time you have one up for placement. Good luck to you with the threads suggested.

welcome-byc.gif
so glad you decided to join us, but sorry about the rooster situation.

There are too many unwanted roosters to rehome and wish you luck in finding them a place to live.

Hi and welcome to BYC - you have some great advice and links already so I'll just say hello!

All the best
CT

There is a glut of roosters looking for homes. I wish I could offer some suggestions but, their fate is not looking well.

Back
Top Bottom