New to BYC!

ARDescoteaux

In the Brooder
Jan 25, 2024
Good afternoon!

We are brand new to backyard chickens.

We recently purchased a new house (in November of 2023) and with it came a flock of 12 chickens.

I am unsure of all of their breeds. I'm certain we have several White Leghorns and two Wyandottes. We have a few small grey ones and two large white ones with some black and small combs. Not sure what's what yet...

It has been so fun earning their trust and have them follow us around the yard. We've enjoyed getting to know which like attention and which prefer care from a distance. It's so neat so see the variations in their eggs, as well.

We hope to dive into some livestock, a mealworm farm and a bee hive throughout this year. I'm really hoping to start a beginner garden as well.

We are a family of six, we are from the city and are learning everything as we go. I work from home and my husband works in the rock carving, pools and ponds industry.

I came across BYC when researching affordable corn and soy free feed for the girls. The more we get into this, the more questions we have so I've joined in hopes of learning as much as I can.

Thanks for having me,

Amy Descoteaux

Back
Top Bottom