New to BYC!

CountryChickies

Hatching
7 Years
Apr 19, 2012
I, too, have been reading threads for about a month now. Decided to finally jump into the conversation! We got 7 chickens about 4 weeks ago: 2 Partridge Silkies, 2 Buff Orpingtons, 2 Black Cochin Bantams, and 1 Easter Egger. Mainly got the Easter Egger so we can have some colored eggs! They are all doing great and growing every day. About a week ago my father-in-law called and told me he had found some pullets on sale and he had bought us 3 RIR and 3 Buff Orpingtons! So...now we are up to 13!!! Excited to learn about all these little chickies!!!

WelcometoBYC.gif

welcome-byc.gif

Only 13? Watch out for chicken math, hey. I started with 5 chickens, I recently passed 100
lol.png
These things are addictive and there is no cure!

Hi CountryChickies! Welcome to BYC from Alabama! I've had my babies about 4 weeks now and all have pretty much gotten their feathers out with a few still being fluffy. As I type this my bf and my father are outside building the pen. They are presently in a coop where I had transitioned them from the playpen indoors. They were only inside about a week and a half. I've been wondering if I got girlie or boys and my uncle was up the other day and only noticed that once truly looked like a male. My twoBlack Jersey Giants are still too young to tell but I hope one of them is a male. I would love to have a Big Ole' rooster as I understand they get to be 10-11 lbs or so. I am enjoying every minute since I have gotten them, even changing the waterer and feeder and washing out the coop full of pooo. :) Please share pictures of your chickies. Have fun here on BYC.

Kimberly

Back
Top Bottom