New to BYC..

well I just got home from a concert and of course I had to check on my eggies.. nothing yet in the one. he's still chirping away though.. i have another one greying so i think i'm going to just leave them alone and let them take their course. the one i made an artificial external pip in should i help later on today if it hasn't started to zip or no?

You could, if it's not making progress. But wait and see if it does make progress first and give him as much time as possible. I've seen chicks and ducklings that I thought may need help end up hatching by themselves. Which is much better for them and much less stressful for us! Sometimes they just need a lot of time. So get some sleep and I will talk to you later
smile.png

Great! Hopefully the pipped ones will motivate him a bit.

Whoa, when did all this happen? I though it was still completely in the egg? Put him, with the wet towel around him and the shell, in a cup, or a mug or something to keep it upright and him in the shell shell while he finishes absorbing the yolk. That will stop him making a run for it before he finished absorbing the yolk. You can put him in the incubator like that, cup and all, if you want. Don't let him out of the shell before all the signs of yolk is gone and if you can see, check if it's navel's sealed as well.

Wonderful! And the one you helped? How's he doing?

Back
Top Bottom