New to bychickens

Discussion in 'Quail' started by byquails, Jan 27, 2012.

1. byquails

byquails Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2012
    Ontario, Canada.
    Hi all, I'm new here, and also a quite new to the raising of quails too. I have had lots of luck since buying my Coturnix quail in early dec 2011, So far every thing is going good and getting lots of eggs. I am thinking now of starting to incubate eggs to hatch for meat etc, Is there any one with experience in this and are there any tricks or information I need before I start. Also can I simply make my own incubator or should I buy one. Thks...

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Welcome to the quail forums! Incubating is a lot of fun and a great experience also. If you have the no-how, and can build your own incubator, well that will surely save some cash. I found it easier to purchase one that can do all the things you need it to do to get the best out of my hatches, although I am not that crafty to build one myself! [​IMG]

Do some reading on line here or dig thru the archives, tons of info on hatching quail here. Or you can ask as you go! Good luck!

3. byquails

byquails Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2012
    Ontario, Canada.
    Thks...I will look around for info, not sure which is best, as in whether to make or buy but will give it a bit of time before I get right into it, again thks for the info...

4. cva34

cva34 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Van Vleck ,TX
    WELCOME lots stuff here to look at ...cva34

5. TinaK

TinaK Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2010
    Australia
    [​IMG]

6. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    [​IMG]

7. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    [​IMG] its easy enough to build an incubator, best thing is to search google for "homemade egg incubator" you'll get tons of video's. Buying one is the easiest.

be sure to post if you have any questions!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by