New to chicken raising

Estatechicks

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 10, 2014
Sheridan, WY
Hi;
I am a very new,( 3 days) chick owner.They are about 10 days old. Two Buff Orphingtons. I have them set up in a spare bedroom with all they need I hope.
They come sit in my hand when I lay it in their box. They are lively and growing. I am excited to get their coop assembled this weekend and find the perfect spot on our acre. Need to wait for the snow to melt and the ground dry out, that is down the road for sure.
I think this page is great, just cruising the different things, wow, all I need to know.
Thanks for being here!! Just a bit worried about the WY winters, that is what husbands wood shops are for right?
wink.png

Blessings
Estatechicks

Did get the coop put together yesterday. It was a balmy 65 here in WY. It will need some tweeking here and there, but I think it will be fine to begin with. It is a kit type deal. Hubby is in the middle of a big project and so I did well to get him to take 45 min. to help me with the coop. He will do the tweeking for me though, :) The chicks are in a spare bedroom in the basement. Nice and warm and getting very tame. Lovin' it so far!!

Back
Top Bottom