New to chicken world

Towers Homestead

In the Brooder
Oct 19, 2018
Tri Cities Washington
Greetings everyone, my name is Isaac and I’m new to BYC and currently have 5 hens. I have 3 black australorps, 1 golden laced wynodette and 1 I’m not quite sure what she is. If anyone could help me ID what breed she is that would be awesome! I picked these gals up as chicks in early May and 2 of the 5 have just recently started laying.
B42F9C1D-B33B-48E7-86DB-FF0E294B28BB.png
DDCA1D5D-F5C3-47D7-A4AC-21E4CA705347.jpeg
CC778975-4406-4AE0-AD11-2D9EE103FC76.jpeg

Hi and welcome to BYC. @FlappyFeathers has given you a link to the best forum to have your question answered.

This is a useful link of BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3 I’d suggest including your location using the guide in that link, if you have not already done so. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Welcome to BYC! This place is loaded with information about chickens, so have yourself a good look around. The 'search' button at the top of your screen can lead you to specific information.

I think your hen is probably a Dixie rainbow, which is a hatchery hybrid layer strain and not technically a real breed. There are other similarly colored hybrid layer strains offered by the hatcheries, and she could be one of them, too.

Back
Top Bottom