New to chickens.. 36 incubating end of Day 20.. questions

You can leave them hatched in the incubator for 2 to 3 days. ( I haven't needed to wait that long) But the internet says they can live on their absorbed yolk for 2 to 3 days. That is how hatcheries are able to ship chicks in the mail. The more you open and close the incubator the more you mess up the other eggs because of humidity loss. Or at least that is what I hear. I also see other people who are always opening and closing and taking chicks out. So, I guess maybe it is a gamble.
Who can wait 2-3 days after a chick is hatched? We all want to hold them ASAP. So cute!

To make yourself feel better, take a flashlight and hold to one end of the egg. If it’s clear- it’s not fertile. If it’s dark or you see some dark and maybe a little red you have a chick in there. Then sit back and relax and let the babies do the rest.

To make yourself feel better, take a flashlight and hold to one end of the egg. If it’s clear- it’s not fertile. If it’s dark or you see some dark and maybe a little red you have a chick in there. Then sit back and relax and let the babies do the rest.
And if it looks like liquid moving in the egg VERY CAREFULLY get rid of it! :lau

Hi there we’re at the end of day 20 here (I set them early afternoon I’m new). I don’t see any pips or movement (except one egg has moved) is this normal? I didn’t candle the eggs because I didn’t know. Temp has been consistent and humidity since day 18 lockdown has been 65-70 no less.. anyone had a silent hatch? I’m nervous
We didn't have any noise until day 21!

Back
Top Bottom