New to chickens, Richmond, VA!

Alhoo

Hatching
6 Years
Mar 30, 2013
I brought home my 3 Buff Laced Polish pullets today, and they are in their brooder in my bathroom (they aren't thrilled when the toilet flushes, but I need them behind a door and away from my huntress tabby cat!).

They are so cute! One might be meaner than the other two. But who knows, it's only been an hour. I wish I knew what they are supposed to be doing. I keep thinking they are keeling over dead, but they wake up and cheepcheepcheep again. My husband, who is not new to chickens, has tried to make sure I am steeled to the reality that they might not all 3 survive chickhood.

I used this forum and website to find out chicken things before I got them. It's nice to be here!

Greetings from Kansas, Alhoo, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Good luck to you and your Polish!

welcome-byc.gif
Young chicks run around and then get tired so suddenly they can actually fall asleep standing up, or they tip and could wind up in the feeder or waterer (be sure and put some clean marbles in water dish, so they don't drown). They also sleep in very ackward positions that encourage people to think they are dead. Just one of the thrills of having chickens.

Thanks everyone! I love love love my chickens so far! What's the best forum around here to post a million pictures of my babies, and ask what kind of chick treats I can get for them?

Back
Top Bottom