new to chickens . . . run floor & more questions

IMG_20180814_101925.jpg IMG_20180814_101941.jpg IMG_20180814_102035.jpg
IMG_20180814_102122.jpg
here are some pics!

Okay need to chime in here Welcome to Backyard Chickens dump the DE Diatomaceous earth not real safe some say ... dlm is great use it here all the time please sit back enjoy the great site

Nope... they need grit to digest their food. You have a lot of landscaping so I would add it. A bowl of oyster shell is a excellent idea they need the calcium for their egg shells. Btw cute coop mine is somewhat similar. What kind of predators do you have in SF?

Yikes!!! Coon’s in your tree! Mercy! Can you get rid of it (them). That would scare me to death. You don’t want your chickens to be a buffet for coon’s. Perhaps a professional exterminator since your in a city? My main predator are hawks (hate em) be sure to wire the top for protection.

we got a dog a few years ago and ever since then we haven't seen any coons in our yard. it is possible that they are gone. the hawks are pretty bad, but chickens are big prey and there are gophers around. because of this, they don't go after chickens very much. Our coop is pretty safe

I have many stores about brazin hawks. Even when I’m right there. Seems like everything loves to eat chicken :hit I hope you enjoy your chickens they’re wonderful pets! I learn something new everyday. Keep asking and learning. Keep us posted.
Best Wishes.

Back
Top Bottom