New to ducklings! Any advice? Pics of my feathered babies!

Alice Monroe

In the Brooder
Apr 27, 2017
Hemet California
Hey! I'm new to this website and raising ducklings in general, so I would like to introduce myself and my ducklings! :D My name is Alice and I am from Hemet California. Recently I found a lost baby duckling in front of my house. When I went outside to check on it, it ran to me and I picked it up to see if it was okay. I was very confused because my neighborhood is like... One of the least likely places to find any animal besides dogs and cats. Anyways, after I decided to keep it I noticed that it was lonely when I went to school so I ended up buying it a temporary cage (Before I knew how quick they grew!) And then I bought two more ducklings and a bag of crumble for them. I am getting the hang of it now, but any advice would be really helpful! Oh.. And is there any place I can go to find out their genders?
These are my three ducklings now!! Soooo cute! Sorry for giving you all of that to read!!

Thank you!!

Last edited:
Last edited:
:welcome  well done for saving the duckling, have you named them?
You will find out everything you need to know here at BYC! xxx ;)

Thanks! I did name them! The yellow standing one is named Hopps, the other yellow one sitting down is the first one I found and his name is Nibbles because that is all he did after I took him in, then the last dark duckling's name is Pacer. I'm in love with them!!

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC and that is great that you adopted the duckling
Keep in mind that chick crumble doesnt have all of the nutrients ducklings need (because it is made for chickens not ducks)
try to get an all-flock raiser crumble or a duck crumble
and try to add some niacin(brewers yeast) to their feed for a few weeks to help prevent any leg issues
ducks also NEED water to eat, they need to be able to fully submerge their nares (nostrils)

Good Luck with them! They are very cute!

Welcome to BYC and that is great that you adopted the duckling
Keep in mind that chick crumble doesnt have all of the nutrients ducklings need (because it is made for chickens not ducks)
try to get an all-flock raiser crumble or a duck crumble
and try to add some niacin(brewers yeast) to their feed for a few weeks to help prevent any leg issues
ducks also NEED water to eat, they need to be able to fully submerge their nares (nostrils)

Good Luck with them! They are very cute!

Thanks! Where do you think I could buy some brewers yeast? Do I just.. Sprinkle it on their food?

Back
Top Bottom