new to ducks...need some help.

chickencity

Songster
11 Years
Mar 21, 2008
i just got 4 ducks from tsc. i thought that it wouldn't have been much different from raising chicks. but for some reason they just keep crying. they have food water and a heat lamp. but they just keep on. i have them on a mesh floor b/c i thought it would be cleaner for them but should i but them on soild floor with shavings..would that help them calm down?

Hello, for my baby ducklings, I just used paper towel on the bottom. You will need to clean it often, but I had a duckling almost choke on the shavings. They will eat the paper towel too, but its easier to swallow. Good Luck!

ok thanks. ill try that. one of my ducklings has an afro...do you think it will stay like that once it gets his/her feathers?

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHA.. you bought a crested duck and no it will only get bigger HAHAHAHAHA

Okay... my ducks I have on wire over a rubbermaid type tub. I have water, food and heat. They may be too warm if they are loud, or you may have gotten all girls....

i thought it was a peking duck that just had a fro'. i guess they got an assortment of ducks. they usually just have mallards, peking, and kakhis. but i got another duck that looked different from all the rest. its lightbrown with yellow wings, pink and brown stripped bill and pink and brown feet. i just went in there and watched them for a bit, changed the floor. they got quite and started playing in the water and eating. i just left and now ones crying agian. so girl ducks make more noise?

I started out with newspaper and paper towels. I know they say not to use newspaper, but it was brief, and also easy to clean up!

they'er pretty quite today. guess they just take longer to settle in than chicks.

Back
Top Bottom