new to ducks

mulelover1999

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 13, 2012
I am new to ducks. I have had them for about a week and I have some questions. One seems to be growing g faster than the other. Do males or females grow faster than the other? Smd they are drinking almost all the time. Is it normal to be filling up the water thing 4-5 times a day? (Its one of those little chick waterers)

They don't need to swim but they need something deep enough that they can dunk their entire head in. They need to be able to rinse their eyes and nostrils or they can develop respiratory issues. Swimming is great but not the same thing.

I have had them for only a week and they have almost doubled their size! Ok maybe not that much but they are getting big!!

Hi everyone! Im from Paso Robles Ca. Just bought a baby boy duck a crested runner and a girl Brown Chinese Goose they are about 2 weeks old. I read all about how to raise them but i did not get info on the kind of geese and ducks i wanted. To be honest i just picked two that i liked. I have heard that it is cruel to only have one brown chinese goose but she loves the duck so much she cries whenever we pick him up and she can't see him and follows him around everywhere. I'm hoping they will be a good pair. I just want them as pets not to breed. I also heard a few bad things about the crested runners and how they can have defects. I notice that my duck had one of his legs stretched out behind him a couple times is that normal? Thanks!! Someone suggested i post on this thread

Never mind about the brown chinese goose i was just informed that the brown one is a mallard duck! Can you tell that im new to this
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom