New to Forum and Chickens

Renee50

In the Brooder
May 16, 2017
wanted to say hi! Been reading a lot here since I got my chicks back in March! I have 8 now 9-10 week olds. They are Americanas - Chrissy and we thought Janet who might be Jack (I'll have to post a pic to get your opinions on if he or she), Black sex links - Pepper and Marianne, Red sex link - Ginger, Buff Orpingtons - Blanche and Rose, and Lavendar Orpington - Sophia. Yes 3s Company, Gilligans Island, Golden Girls and Pepper lol.
I think Janet might be Jack cuz he/she I think is trying to crow but because I've never had chickens I'm not sure.[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
So what do you think hen or cockerel?

Attachments

• IMG_1502.JPG
    IMG_1502.JPG
    407.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1503.JPG
    IMG_1503.JPG
    455.5 KB · Views: 6

Robin37

Crowing
Mar 27, 2017
Lavonia GA
My Coop
My Coop
wanted to say hi! Been reading a lot here since I got my chicks back in March! I have 8 now 9-10 week olds. They are Americanas - Chrissy and we thought Janet who might be Jack (I'll have to post a pic to get your opinions on if he or she), Black sex links - Pepper and Marianne, Red sex link - Ginger, Buff Orpingtons - Blanche and Rose, and Lavendar Orpington - Sophia. Yes 3s Company, Gilligans Island, Golden Girls and Pepper lol.
I think Janet might be Jack cuz he/she I think is trying to crow but because I've never had chickens I'm not sure.[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
So what do you think hen or cockerel?
Welcome to BYC Renee, I think its a rooster, but that's just an uneducated guess. If your chicken is trying to crow then we know it is a rooster. Which ever, this is a cute chicken. Good luck on your chicken adventure.

Chicken Girl1

Queen of the Coop
6 Years
Mar 3, 2015
Virginia
:welcome
Janet looks like an Easter Egger, they are often sold as Ameraucanas. I'm leaning towards it being a cockerel because of the rusty red patches in its shoulder/wing and its comb is very red.

drumstick diva

Still crazy after all these years.
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
Aug 26, 2009
Out to pasture
Cockerel, it has the red patches of doom (mark of a male) over the wings. You can also post at "what breed or gender is this," for more opinions.

TwoCrows

🌻🐣🌻
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Mar 21, 2011
New Mexico, USA
My Coop
My Coop
Hello there and welcome to BYC! :frow

I am not sure if it's a cockerel or not, but the bird sure is pretty!! :love Definitely post in our What Breed and Gender section. Sometimes they fool you right up to maturity!

Great to have you aboard and welcome to our roost! :)

Top Bottom