New to Forum and Chickens

Renee50

In the Brooder
May 16, 2017
wanted to say hi! Been reading a lot here since I got my chicks back in March! I have 8 now 9-10 week olds. They are Americanas - Chrissy and we thought Janet who might be Jack (I'll have to post a pic to get your opinions on if he or she), Black sex links - Pepper and Marianne, Red sex link - Ginger, Buff Orpingtons - Blanche and Rose, and Lavendar Orpington - Sophia. Yes 3s Company, Gilligans Island, Golden Girls and Pepper lol.
I think Janet might be Jack cuz he/she I think is trying to crow but because I've never had chickens I'm not sure.[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
So what do you think hen or cockerel?

Attachments

• IMG_1502.JPG
    IMG_1502.JPG
    407.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1503.JPG
    IMG_1503.JPG
    455.5 KB · Views: 6
wanted to say hi! Been reading a lot here since I got my chicks back in March! I have 8 now 9-10 week olds. They are Americanas - Chrissy and we thought Janet who might be Jack (I'll have to post a pic to get your opinions on if he or she), Black sex links - Pepper and Marianne, Red sex link - Ginger, Buff Orpingtons - Blanche and Rose, and Lavendar Orpington - Sophia. Yes 3s Company, Gilligans Island, Golden Girls and Pepper lol.
I think Janet might be Jack cuz he/she I think is trying to crow but because I've never had chickens I'm not sure.[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
So what do you think hen or cockerel?
Welcome to BYC Renee, I think its a rooster, but that's just an uneducated guess. If your chicken is trying to crow then we know it is a rooster. Which ever, this is a cute chicken. Good luck on your chicken adventure.

:welcome
Janet looks like an Easter Egger, they are often sold as Ameraucanas. I'm leaning towards it being a cockerel because of the rusty red patches in its shoulder/wing and its comb is very red.

Cockerel, it has the red patches of doom (mark of a male) over the wings. You can also post at "what breed or gender is this," for more opinions.

Hello there and welcome to BYC! :frow

I am not sure if it's a cockerel or not, but the bird sure is pretty!! :love Definitely post in our What Breed and Gender section. Sometimes they fool you right up to maturity!

Great to have you aboard and welcome to our roost! :)

Back
Top Bottom