New to hatching - Incubator Question

It’s not rising above 98.5… but it’s not going below that 98.5 is that a safe temp range for hatching
98.5 - 99 you should be fine in forced air incubator which is what yours is if its a 4250. Only reason for drop in temp is because of rise in humidity makes for less oxygen and harder for them to breath. so only need to drop temp if you use a high humidity for lockdown.

Last edited:
You could go to 99 degrees to be safe from dropping below 98.5. What humidity do you plan on running for lockdown?
Hey I hung the thermo probe from the roof of the incubator to about even with where the egg is and it’s reading about 100 to 100.2. Humidity is 65% on the digital readout on the incubator and 55% on my hygrometer. I’ve tried adding water and it doesn’t go up above 60% and doesn’t seem to stay up. Is 55% safe for humidity?

Attachments

• 95F5A6D9-B157-4EDD-BB5B-DFC3DEAE6528.jpeg
    95F5A6D9-B157-4EDD-BB5B-DFC3DEAE6528.jpeg
    381.5 KB · Views: 5
I would try to keep temp around 99 degrees, 60% humidity should be fine looks like I can see condensation on window of incubator so your humidity should be high enough. I like it around 65% to 75%. To get it higher if needed I use wet sponges in incubator.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom