New to hatching - shipped eggs

TriskeleFarm

Chirping
Jan 28, 2020
Hi all,
I just ordered hatching eggs, and received them a day before I expected...which is good, less time in transport, but also bad, because I had planned on setting up my incubator tonight, so it is not ready for them and I am not home today. TOmorrow, I'm working at home had planned on picking them up and having the bater already on and running.

I guess my primary question is...can I leave them boxed overnight so I can set the incubator up and run it overnight, and get them in in the morning?

Second question is...if I win the other auction I bid on, those eggs would be here in about a week...is it possible to add those eggs in, or should I locate another incubator? (I had forgotten I bid on this batch when I bid on the other!)

If you can't tell, this is my first time doing shipped eggs

I can answer your first question! Yes you can leave them in a box overnight. Its actually recommended that you let the egg settle for 12-24 hours before putting them in the incubator. The best time to incubate is within 7 days of the eggs being laid for best hatching results. After that your hatching rate goes down substantially possibly around 50%

The second question is a little tricky - you might end up hatching some of your eggs earlier than others which may cause a bandwidth problem inside your incubator. If you did do this, you'd also want to make sure you mark the newer eggs somehow so you know which ones are hatching first. Good luck!:)

Back
Top Bottom