New to loving chickens!

BeckyR

In the Brooder
Nov 5, 2018
Stacy, MN
Hello, I'm new to this group and would like to share my chicken status.
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I started chickens in April.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now? I started with 6 and now have 4 due to meeting the new neighbor dog last week and this weekend. (good dog and good neighbors, just bad timing and lack of communication-all fixed now)

(3) What breeds do you have? I have 2 Americanas, 1 Austerlorp, and 1 barnsevelder. (had 1 buff orpington and another americana)

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? personality and how they make you feel so calm and happy inside.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? In the spring I raise game birds for release in low populated areas.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I have a dog along with my birds. If I ever get more land I would love to get pigs and llamas, just because.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D I've always found myself on the BYC forums and love the discussions. I learn so much from other peoples experiences. You learn best from people who have done it.

Hi Becky and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us.

This is a useful link of BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3 I’d suggest including your location using the guide in that link, if you have not already done so. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

BYC welcome 1.jpg

Hi, make yourself at home here and thanks for joining us!

Back
Top Bottom