New to our flock

They're mature Muscovies, but I'm pretty sure they're less than two years old, since the male still looks fairly young. So they'll still have a long life ahead of them.

Help, my muscovies have been in the coop for 2 weeks, so today i thought i would try and let them out and see if they were ok walking around and getting use to the place, well the male went out walked around and ended up in the garage, the hen was sitting in the nesting box, I thought oh well she will probably come out later on maybe, I checked on her again when i went in for lunch she was by the water dish. Then my son said there is something wrong with Ginger ( we decided to call them Fred and Ginger) I asked what was up with her, he said she is walking on her wings! Oh no, so I just went out to see her picked her up couldn't see anything wrong, brought her outside onto the grass and she tried to get up but she doesn't seem able to stand. What can I do? what can have caused this? I am quite upset poor little thing. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Sounds like she hurt her leg somehow. Maybe even broke it. If she can't walk, keep her calm and make sure she doesn't try to move around much. Every once in a while, I see one of my ducks limping, and the problem usually resolves itself within a couple days, but this sounds a little worse. How is Ginger now?

Hi I gave her a bath the other day and put her back in the coop, Monday she was still sitting and not moving much, she was ok yesterday pretty much the same, this morning I went out to check on them and she is out of the coop and can walk around oh her legs not her wings :D which is a good thing. Maybe it was just she was squished by Fred being amorous :D Hopefully she is on the mend. Thanks for getting back to me :D

Back
Top Bottom