new to peas... questions

ay advice on how to keep it from jumping me as an adult if it is a boy..... it is the only one so it is bonded to me... just found out that is not a good thing!

Not all peacocks will attack you when they get older. Mine sometimes tries to mate with my foot, but I just push him away so it isn't very bad or hard to deal with. I don't know how to keep one from turning aggressive...I think it is all about personality and stuff but if it ever does get aggressive you should wear eye gear and carry a stick or trashcan lid in the pen with you. Not that he will get aggressive. I don't have any aggressive ones but some people have had ones that were aggressive. I think you should be fine since your eggs will be hatching soon so your little chick will have other peachicks to hang out with soon.

Usually aggression in peafowls comes from kids pulling feathers, a family member with aggression, or being to protective of something.

I just thought that for those that want to see what a nest looks like for a chicken cooped peahen looks like here it is. That is my peahen Jadea, and her 5th egg that I collected from her to incubate.

I have a pair of india blues and three little yellow chicks. Is that possible for them to have white or black shoulder offspring? Or did the peahen mate with a different peacock before I bought her? I havent had them long and I have never seen the pair mate. Thanks for those pics too. That is exactly what my chicks look like.

Back
Top Bottom